The Saint Mark’s Rector search timetable is approximately as follows:
- September to mid-December 2020 – Parish Survey
- Develop Parish survey with the help of an outside consultant
- Open the survey for response by members of the Parish
- Evaluate and analyze survey responses
- Mid-December 2020 to January 2021 – Focus Groups
- Develop focus group questions
- Organize and schedule focus group times and leaders
- Evaluate and analyze focus group responses
- End of January through Early March 2021 – Parish Profile and Related Information
- Drafting and approval by the Search Committee of the Parish Profile and related documentation
- Submission of the Parish Profile and related documentation to the Vestry for approval
- Submission of the Parish Profile and related documentation to the Diocese of Southern Ohio for approval
- Once all approvals are obtained, posting of the Parish Profile and related documentation on the Saint Mark’s website and other social media sites
- Posting a notice of the Rector position in Episcopal News Service
- Candidates will have until April 30, 2021 to submit applications to the Diocese of Southern Ohio.
- May/June 2021 – Accept and review applications for Rector position received from the Office of Transition Ministry at the Diocese of Southern Ohio, interview candidates, etc.
- The Search Committee hopes to be able to make a final recommendation of a Rector candidate to the Vestry by early summer 2021 and have a new Rector selected and installed by the end of summer 2021.
(As revised April 12, 2021)